1001+ ideas for making earrings yourself: Be modern and sophisticated with designer jewelry
The ideal accessories for every woman are not only on the ring finger on the left hand, but also on the ears. Amaze everyone at every sight with the perfect pair of earrings. Create your own designs and take the opportunity to become a real jewelry designer. A pair of statement earrings according to your taste gives every outfit a sophisticated touch and so you stand out from the crowd. In addition, it can be a wonderful gift that fits any occasion. In the article you will find the best and very easy instructions on how to make earrings yourself. Regardless of whether you have no hands for handicrafts or you are a professional, the most important ingredient for the perfect earrings is just your desire and a pinch of love for something special.
Make statement earrings yourself: Stand out from the crowd with this statement piece
The materials you need:
2 identical jewelery made from old earrings
2 pieces of lanyard
2 jump rings
Hooks for earrings
- Wrap the lanyard around your index finger twice so that the beginning of the lanyard is between your index and middle finger and the end – is between your index finger and thumb.
- Take the second piece of lanyard and pull it through so that the lanyard is between your index finger and the angled lanyard.
- Drag the left end over the first loop and through the second loop. Pull it tight.
- Drag the right end over the first loop and through the second loop. Pull it tight.
- Now, pull out your finger and, in pairs, pull the ends in opposite directions until the knot is tight.
- Arrange the ends in all directions. Take the end that faces north and fold it south to create a loop. Hold it in place with your fingers. Repeat the step with the end facing south. You now have two loops. Drag the right end over the first loop and through the second loop. Then repeat the step with the left end. Now, in pairs, pull the ends in opposite directions.
- Crochet according to the pattern until you reach the targeted length. Knot and cut the long ends of the ribbon.
- With the help of the binding rings you can hook the jewelry to the lanyard braid.
- Hook the earrings hooks to the lanyard braid.
Make wire jewelry yourself
The necessary materials:
- Chain – 12 ″
- Wire cutter
- Round nose pliers
- Earrings hooks
- Stones with holes
- Smaller jewelry elements
- Jump rings
Step 1: Cut a piece of wire and three pieces of chain with the following lengths:
Step 2: Use the round nose pliers to give the wire a round shape. Make little looks on one end of the wire.
Step 3: Thread the shortest piece of chain and two pieces of jewelry.
Step 4: Thread the 2 ″ piece of chain, three jewelry elements of the other type, and then the 2.25 ″ piece of chain.
Step 5: Thread about 10 pieces of jewelry from one type and three more from the other type. Then add three stones and three decorative elements so that a symmetrical row is created.
Step 6: Thread the same amount of jewelry. After that, thread the exposed end of the 2.25 ″ piece of chain into the wire.
Step 7: Thread three jewelry elements of the first type, then the 2 ″ piece of chain, then two jewelry elements of the second type.
Step 8: Thread a 1.75 ″ piece of chain.
Step 9: Make a loop on the other end of the earring.
Step 10: Hook the two ends of the earring and the earring hook together with the tie ring
Step 11: Repeat the steps further to create the second earring.
Make earrings with pearls yourself
The necessary materials:
Beads to glue
2 clip-on earrings
Step 1: Apply glue to the back of a bead.
Step 2: Glue the bead and the ear clip together. Let the glue dry for an hour,
Step 3: Open the ear clip hanger and apply glue as shown in the photo.
Step 4: Glue the wire on it and let it dry.
Step 5: Make a small loop at the other end of the wire so that the pearl earring doesn’t fall.
Step 6: repeatFollow the steps again to make the second earring.
Now you are ready for the next party!
You can find many more DIY jewelry ideas in our gallery below. We hope you enjoy making your own earrings!
Make DIY earrings with glass beads yourself
Great idea for creating beautiful earrings with stone
Make DIY cultured pearl earrings yourself