Romantic, fresh, candy-colored, wonderful, round, colorful, made of wool, tissue paper, napkins … Yes, exactly! That is the variety of pompoms. We propose this great way to transform your home into a happy environment. In this article we are going to show you how you could make pom poms!
Making pom poms: How can I make a pom pom myself!
A wonderful craft idea for every occasion! These gorgeous pompoms are perfect for your birthday or the next party. They are also suitable for beautifying the children’s room or simply as decoration anywhere in the apartment. Do you know that you can make pom poms in different sizes and colors? However, it is advisable to combine different pompoms with each other. This is how you create a colorful and happy effect! Anyone who wants to be creative has to make pompoms.
Nice pompoms in light tones!
How to make pom poms yourself, we’ll show you step by step in the handicraft instructions! We hope you enjoy rebuilding!
Make pom poms out of napkins!
To do this, you need 5 napkins, scissors and thin ribbon:
- Unfold each napkin!
- Then fold the napkin like an accordion!
- Then place all 5 folded napkins on top of each other!
- Cut all napkins a few mm in the middle of both sides, but DO NOT CUT!
- Take the ribbon and tie a knot around the incised center! But please choose the long ribbon, as it is the suspension for the pompom!
- Cut the two ends round so that the pompom has a nice shape!
- Take the first napkin and carefully pull the individual layers apart!
- So … until all layers are separated from each other!
- The pompom looks fluffy, doesn’t it!
- The pompom is already ready!
Now all you have to do is hang it up! Have fun!
Make pom poms out of tissue paper!
Tissue paper pom-poms are light as a feather and can also be attached at heights. The more sheets you use, the rounder and fuller the pompom will be after unfolding! You need the following materials: tissue paper (at least 8 sheets) in the color of your choice; a pair of scissors, ruler and wire:
- Lay the paper so that the narrow side is in front of you!
- Then fold, fold and then fold: to fold the perfect accordion, the paper is always turned over on the other side!
- Fold each sheet of paper like this!
- Then put the two ends together so that the middle is marked!
- Carefully cut a few millimeters along the center line!
- The wire is wound exactly at these incisions! Twist about 3 barks and then knot the wire tightly together!
- After that, you can trim the ends however you like!
- Unfolding the layers of paper is the last step here! Lift the individual paper layer in the middle and at the corners and pull it apart as a whole!
- Repeat these steps for each layer of paper!
- Find a little place for your new ones and hang up!
Make pompoms out of wool!
To make these pom-poms, you need scraps of wool, a piece of cardboard, scissors and compasses:
- With the compass, draw a circle the size of the pompom you want on the piece of cardboard and draw another, but smaller, circle in this circle!
- Cut out the shape to make a ring. Use the ring as a template for another cardboard ring so that you end up with two identical cardboard rings!
- Cut out a small piece!
- Place the two cardboard rings on top of each other and gradually wrap them evenly with wool!
- The smaller the opening in the middle of the rings at the end, the fluffier the bobble will be!
- Cut the wool on the long side between the cardboard rings!
- Finally, pull a wool thread between the two cardboard rings and knot it! Make sure the thread is tight enough. This is the only way that the pompom has the necessary stability in the end!
- Remove the cardboard rings!
- Any threads that protrude are cut off with nail scissors!
- And the pompom is ready!
More wonderful pompom ideas are available to you in the following picture gallery! Try to make great pom poms yourself right away! We wish you exciting handicrafts!
Romantic pink pompoms!
Pompons as a decoration for the wedding!
Attractive and pretty pompom decoration for every occasion!
Make fresh pom-poms!
Pompons as a stylish decoration!